Topics

Rare sighting - some kind of jaeger?

jackson_us

5/27/20 Gualala at sunset

Seen and photographed by Gail Jackson (no relation) at Gualala Point Regional Park at sunset yesterday. Diane Hichwa thinks it might be a Parasitic Jaeger. The bird was flying northward. Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay 2 by Gail Jackson  3 by Gail Jackson

Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)

What a cool sighting! It does look like a Parasitic Jaeger! I have never
seen one.... flying over land or was she on a boat? Great shots, too!

On Thu, 28 May 2020 13:18:38 -0700, jackson_us <jackson2@mcn.org> wrote:
5/27/20 Gualala at sunset Seen and photographed by Gail Jackson (no
relation) at Gualala Point Regional Park at sunset yesterday. Diane
Hichwa thinks it might be a Parasitic Jaeger. The bird was flying
northward. Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay

Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/message/8422
[2]
mailto:jackson2@mcn.org?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BMendobirds%5D%20Rare%20sighting%20-%20some%20kind%20of%20jaeger%3F
[3]
mailto:Mendobirds@groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BMendobirds%5D%20Rare%20sighting%20-%20some%20kind%20of%20jaeger%3F
[4] https://groups.io/mt/74530396/974701
[5] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/post
[6] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/editsub/974701
[7] mailto:Mendobirds+owner@groups.io
[8] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/unsub

jackson_us

She was at Gualala Point Regional Park, definitely on land!

[...]

David Barry

Jeanne,

With the necklace, long pointed tail feathers, sure looks real good for a breeding plumage light morph PARASITIC JAEGER.

Good photos.

Dave Barry
Santa Rosa.

mailto:jackson2@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BMendobirds%5D%20Rare%20sighting%20-%20some%20kind%20of%20jaeger%3F