Topics

Missing Chestnut-backed Chickadee

darliss60

Where Darliss and I live in Brooktrails we have only a limited number of birds, both resident and migrants. However, Chestnut-backed Chickadees have been one of the spices always present in our yard at our feeders water stations. That is until this early spring. Since mid February we have not observed a single chickadee. Has anyone else found them to be missing?
Luck!
F&D Sanderson
Brooktrails

CARYL CARR

I monitor a nest box trail in the SF bay area.  The number of chestnut-backed chickadees using my boxes this year is about half the number I usually get.

--caryl carr

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 2:01 PM darliss60 via groups.io <darliss60=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Where Darliss and I live in Brooktrails we have only a limited number of birds, both resident and migrants. However, Chestnut-backed Chickadees have been one of the spices always present in our yard at our feeders water stations. That is until this early spring. Since mid February we have not observed a single chickadee. Has anyone else found them to be missing?
Luck!
F&D Sanderson
Brooktrails

Diane Hichwa

We are seeing them in my neighborhood at Sea Ranch.  Just watched a nest hatch from a hole in a broken tree.
Diane Hichwa

Email:  dhichwa@...

Telephone:  707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
            707-483-3130 (cell)