Mendonoma Sightings: A rare sighting – a Long-billed Curlew, as photographed by Bob Rutemoeller.

jackson_us

Oct. 12, 2021
Hi All,
  The sighting of a Long-billed curlew was photographed on Sept. 30th at Manchester State Beach. Also, I am not hearing or seeing ospreys. The ones who occupied the nest I watch in Anchor Bay are gone. Anyone still seeing them?
Jeanne. Anchor Bay

Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 5:02 PM
To: jackson2@...
Subject: Mendonoma Sightings: A rare sighting – a Long-billed Curlew, as photographed by Bob Rutemoeller.

Diane Hichwa

I had one osprey over Gualala yesterday 10/11

Diane Hichwa

Email: dhichwa@...

Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)

707-483-3130 (cell)

More Tail Wagging!!! Less Barking!!

Millie 2007

From: <Mendobirds@groups.io> on behalf of Jeanne & Rick Jackson <jackson2@...>
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 8:47 AM
To: Mendobirds <Mendobirds@groups.io>
Subject: [Mendobirds] Mendonoma Sightings: A rare sighting – a Long-billed Curlew, as photographed by Bob Rutemoeller.

Oct. 12, 2021

Hi All,

The sighting of a Long-billed curlew was photographed on Sept. 30th at Manchester State Beach. Also, I am not hearing or seeing ospreys. The ones who occupied the nest I watch in Anchor Bay are gone. Anyone still seeing them?

Jeanne. Anchor Bay

Subject: Mendonoma Sightings: A rare sighting – a Long-billed Curlew, as photographed by Bob Rutemoeller.

follow.it

Mendonoma Sightings

Edit

Unfollow

A rare sighting – a Long-billed Curlew, as photographed by Bob Rutemoeller.

by Jeanne Jackson Oct 12, 2021

Bob Rutemoeller wrote, “I first thought this might be a Whimbrel but after looking up info online, I think it is a Long-billed Curlew. We had walked from Kinney Road along the beach to the Garcia River. There are lots of Kelp piles on the beach, and also lots of Jellyfish.”

Diane Hichwa confirmed the ID of this big shorebird. Just look at that long thin beak!

Thanks to Bob for allowing me to share his photo with you here.

oh my, it's terribly windy here today, Monday. I hope it calms down soon.

Continue Reading

You have a website? Also use follow.it - it has many advantages.

To unsubscribe please click on the "Unfollow"-link next to the feed's title.

This email was sent by follow.it. However, the contents of this email are provided by the publisher of the feeds you are following. follow.it is not affiliated with those publishers in any way nor do we take any responsibility for their content. If you want to report content which does not adhere to our Terms of Use please contact us.

lnisev Ltd., 11407 SW Amu St, Suite #AAM624, Tualatin, OR 97062, USA

Mary Rose Kent

Jeanne, I’ve seen a few these past couple of weeks at or near Caspar Pond.  Or perhaps it’s been the same one each time...
Mary Rose (Kent), Fort Bragg 

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 08:47 jackson_us <jackson2@...> wrote:
Oct. 12, 2021
Hi All,
Jeanne. Anchor Bay

follow.it
Mendonoma Sightings
Edit
Unfollow
A rare sighting – a Long-billed Curlew, as photographed by Bob Rutemoeller.
by Jeanne Jackson Oct 12, 2021

Bob Rutemoeller wrote, “I first thought this might be a Whimbrel but after looking up info online, I think it is a Long-billed Curlew. We had walked from Kinney Road along the beach to the Garcia River. There are lots of Kelp piles on the beach, and also lots of Jellyfish.”

Diane Hichwa confirmed the ID of this big shorebird. Just look at that long thin beak!

Thanks to Bob for allowing me to share his photo with you here.

oh my, it's terribly windy here today, Monday. I hope it calms down soon.

Continue Reading
Save Share