Indigo Bunting Lake Mendocino 5/10

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Greetings Mendobirders- Evan Johnson reports an adult male Indigo Bunting
at the spillway on the south end of Lake Mendocino. The bird was there
yesterday afternoon, and Evan says it stayed in the brush on the east
slope above the spillway. This area can be accessed by trails from the
dam or from the Deerwood Extension. The latter would seem closer, but I
am not sure of that.

For Evan, Chuck Vaughn

--
Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
Ukiah, CA

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

The Indigo Bunting continued at 730 this morning, exactly where Evan
originally described seeing it. Be aware that there are also Lazuli
Buntings in the area.

Chuck

Greetings Mendobirders- Evan Johnson reports an adult male Indigo Bunting
at the spillway on the south end of Lake Mendocino. The bird was there
yesterday afternoon, and Evan says it stayed in the brush on the east
slope above the spillway. This area can be accessed by trails from the
dam or from the Deerwood Extension. The latter would seem closer, but I
am not sure of that.

For Evan, Chuck Vaughn

--
Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
Ukiah, CA

--
Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
Ukiah, CA

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Mike Curry has corrected my rather hasty judgment on this bird. He has
photos that indicate an Indigo x Lazuli cross. I must admit that much of
my view of this bird was partially obscured in the Baccharis. I apologize
to anyone making the effort to chase it.

Chuck