GEESE!!

Theresa Eacker

Hello fellow birders -

Today, about 1PM, working the yard (Little R9ver), I heard a multitude of geese honking.  WHERE, WHERE, WHERE? Looking frantically up and about, I spied the largest flock of geese flying overhead  that I've ever had the privilege of seeing.  I rapidly counted what must have been between 200-300 geese flying over in the most picture perfect huge V-formation, WAY WAY up, they were tiny but you could HEAR them honking away in their flight, streaming south in this glorious formation.
They may have been white fronted geese, they were dark - no way of telling - just the magnificence of the migration was stunning - I freaking LOVE autumn.   Happy birding everyone,

Theresa Eacker