Condors

vishnu

OK, this post is not about a "Mendobird", mea culpa, but, God willing, one day some of these guys may glide over the border and
grace us here with their presence. You may already know that the Humboldt county Yurok tribe in collaboration with Redwood
National Park has recently initiated its long planned for re-introduction of CA Condors to their N. CA range. Four birds
are now being acclimated, for the next few months up there, in a penned environment before their release into the wild.
More condors will be brought up to Humboldt over the next few years to augment this new population.
Two live web cameras of the caged birds can be viewed here:
Vishnu

Dave Bengston

And Vishnu’s post is a nice segue into the Peregrine Audubon’s Program for May 17.  We will have Tiana Williams-Claussen, the Director of the Yurok Condor Restoration program as our speaker for the night.  So, tune in if you want to hear about it from the Director.

Dave Bengston
Edc. Chair, Peregrine Audubon Society
Ukiah

On Apr 11, 2022, at 4:11 PM, vishnu <vishnuvishnu@...> wrote:

OK, this post is not about a "Mendobird", mea culpa, but, God willing, one day some of these guys may glide over the border and
grace us here with their presence. You may already know that the Humboldt county Yurok tribe in collaboration with Redwood
National Park has recently initiated its long planned for re-introduction of CA Condors to their N. CA range. Four birds
are now being acclimated, for the next few months up there, in a penned environment before their release into the wild.
More condors will be brought up to Humboldt over the next few years to augment this new population.
Two live web cameras of the caged birds can be viewed here:
Vishnu

Linda Perkins

I would love to 'tune in' to the May 17th program. Can you send contact information? Thanks, Dave! Linda.

On 4/11/2022 8:07 PM, Dave Bengston via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Susan Tubbesing

It would be great to get the time and the zoom link for the condors on the 17th. Thanks

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 6:01 PM Linda Perkins <lperkins@...> wrote:

[...]

geogibbs

Zoom links are sent to folks who have subscribed to Peregrine Audubon mailing list.  If interested, enter your email at bottom of home page, peregrineaudubon.org.

George Gibbs