Topics

Bald Eagle fledgling

jackson_us

The fledgling was photographed on August 6th. Hope  you enjoy this good news! Jeanne, Anchor Bay

Mendonoma Sightings

Some good – no, great news – for you today!

If you follow these blog posts or read my column in the Independent Coast Observer, you know that we have had a mated pair of Bald Eagles in Gualala for the past several years. We've been wishing and hoping they would have a chick and it looks like they did this year. Steve Woolson photographed the family near Salal Creek, which is very close to the Gualala River. The fledgling is eating a bird that one of the adults caught for him/her.

The fierce-looking mother is on the right. You can make out a few stray dark hairs on her head. A totally white head denotes a mature bald eagle. She was obviously mature enough this year to hatch an egg and nurture her chick. The father had been seen diligently fishing and then flying upriver with his catch. We believe the nest is in the watershed of the Gualala River.

So, how about this goo - no, great - news?! We need it, right? Thanks to Steve for allowing me to share his photo with you here.

We have no smoke from the wildfires here, as the wind is pushing it southward. In fact, if you didn't read or listen to the news, you'd never know anything was amiss if you were on the Mendonoma Coast! It's sunny and breezy today. Many Humpbacks were seen today too.

Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)

That's great news! Has anyone checked on the pair at Ten Mile? I wish I
was home, or I would!

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 17:49:35 -0700, jackson_us <jackson2@...> wrote:
Mendonoma Sightings The fledgling was photographed on August 6th.
Hope you enjoy this good news! Jeanne, Anchor Bay

-------------------------

[...]

and breezy today. Many Humpbacks were seen today too.You are subscribed
to email updates from .
To stop receiving these emails, you may . Email delivery powered by
Google

Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United
States

Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/message/8491