Topics

Any more Scissor-tailed Flycatcher location clues?

John Gallo

Any updates anyone? Any guesses if he will head (headed?) North or South?  Has anyone checked Noyo Coastal trail for him?   Heading out with my kids for an hour to see if we can find him.

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 10:30 AM Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather@...> wrote:
I arrived at the road in front of the parking area of the lighthouse at 7
AM and made it to the lighthouse by 7:15. I waited until almost 9 AM. No
sign of him. I walked north along the headlands trail to Frolic Cove and
then cut across the field with no luck. Spotted a lot of Barn and Northern
Rough-winged Swallows, American Goldfinches, Swainson's Thrush, Spotted
Towhee, Song, Savannah and White-crowned Sparrows, signs of Turkeys,
Pacific-slope Flycatchers and out on the bluffs Black Oystercatchers,
Pelagic Cormorants, and Pigeon Guillemots.

Happy Birding (anyway)

Lisa D Walker-Roseman, Fort Bragg-Cleone

Saw: Roger Foote, Jim Lomax and Larry Knowles.

Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)

I did not go back to the lighthouse this morning. I did search the
headlands on the north side of Virgin Creek. Not there. As Roger suggested,
Newport might be the place to check. I would have gone this morning except
that I did not call ahead to make sure it was OK to do so... there's a
storm brewing, so I will sit this one out.

If anyone does see him again, please report here?

wrote:
I arrived at the road in front of the parking area of the lighthouse at
7
AM and made it to the lighthouse by 7:15. I waited until almost 9 AM.
No
sign of him. I walked north along the headlands trail to Frolic Cove
and
then cut across the field with no luck. Spotted a lot of Barn and
Northern
Rough-winged Swallows, American Goldfinches, Swainsons Thrush, Spotted
Towhee, Song, Savannah and White-crowned Sparrows, signs of Turkeys,
Pacific-slope Flycatchers and out on the bluffs Black Oystercatchers,
Pelagic Cormorants, and Pigeon Guillemots.

Happy Birding (anyway)

Lisa D Walker-Roseman, Fort Bragg-Cleone

Saw: Roger Foote, Jim Lomax and Larry Knowles.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:feather@mcn.org
[2] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/message/8402