Acorn woodpeckers in the 'hood

newsboy.zack@...

Well, over the past three weeks the birds have sure been active here. Everytime I am outdoors, even in town, birds are everywhere!

I wanted to note that acorn woodpeckers have arrived in my "neighborhood", something notĀ  found living at my forested location prior to last year. I observed one with my binoculars the other day and I was impressed by its agility moving around and almost hanging upside down in the canopy of nearby white oak and pepperwood trees. I hope to discover a granary someday.

I enjoy the emails from this group. Thank you.

Zack CinekĀ
Willits