From: whzerd1
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:06 PM
To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Mendobirds] Big Al Not Back Yet

I spent 2 hours (8:45 Am - 10:45 AM) on Tuesday on the pier at the cove at Pt. Arena looking for him and he was absent. Did find some other birds: Pelagic and DC Cormorants, Western, Eared and Horned Grebes, one Red-throated Loon, a few Pacific Loons, dozens of Black Oystercatchers and some gulls which I'm not good at identifying unless they are wearing a badge. I'm reasonably certain I saw at least one Mew Gull due to small bill size.

Also seen were 6 - 8 frozen surfers - they only stayed out about an hour before they came back in.

Bill Zachman
Groveland, CA
Tuolumne County

Jeff Petit

We looked for Al at the cove for a couple of hours starting at noon yesterday- 11/30/11, no luck.  We're heading back there in a few minutes and will report back if he's arrived.
Beth and Jeff Petit
Point Arena

Yes, we are on Al alert here. We are checking every day and keeping our fingers crossed that this special bird will return.
Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay