Coast Birds 9/14/10

Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...>

Tue, 14 Sept 2010 -- A RED-NECKED GREBE was with the Scoter flock off
the north end of the Haul Rd at Ward Ave, Cleone, this morning.  Along the
still backed-up Ten Mile River, I saw 7 COMMON YELLOWTHROATS and
heard several others!  There are also some in my neighborhood.  A MERLIN
swooped past the front yard today.

After my Ten Mile beach hike, I walked the Skunk RR tracks above Pudding
Creek, near Rose Mem'l Cemetery.  There was not much action there, but
I did have a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, 3 WESTERN TANAGERS,
YELLOW and ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, many VIRGINIA RAILS,
PYGMY NUTHATCHES, and CEDAR WAXWINGS.

Karen Havlena
Fort Bragg and North