Evening Grosbeak at Pioneer Bridge

Mike Curry

Monday 31 January 2022

Dear fellow birders,
I went for a drive up as far as I could go up Hull Mountain yesterday with my daughter Alexandria where we were stopped by too much snow on the road.  There were very few birds but we did note Mountain Chickadees, ravens, Purple Finches, Western Bluebirds and a few unknown passerines.
On the way there, we found a single Evening Grosbeak (male, I think) at Pioneer Bridge.  It was calling from the top of a Douglas Fir tree close to the dirt parking area.
For a map of the area, see my bird list on ebird.  This location is in Mendocino County.
Good Birding!
Mike Curry
Willits, CA