Pelagic next Friday?

Tim Bray

The marine forecast for next Friday (Feb. 4) looks nice, and if I can get a boat, I am hoping to pull together enough people to do a half-day pelagic seabirding trip out to the Noyo Canyon. The charter would cost about $2000 so if we can get 20 people to go it would be $100 per person.

If we can't manage that, we might be able to do a shorter trip and still get into some pelagic birds. A two-hour whale-watching cruise is $50 per person and they will go out with six or more customers. All Aboard Adventures and Anchor Charters have scheduled whale watch trips departing at 10 AM on Saturday.

Let me know ASAP if you can make a Friday trip or if Saturday is your only option. It looks like the seas turn rough after that and we might not get another chance for a while.