Gualala/Anchor Bay

jackson_us

6/19/2021

Hi All,
  The Osprey nest I watch through a spotting scope here in Anchor Bay has two chicks in it. They have grown some feathers and are looking very alert and healthy. The mother is still on guard at the nest.
  The female Bald Eagle recently has been seen, after an absence of some weeks. We think/hope she was on a nest in the watershed of the Gualala River. We’ll be keeping watch to see if a fledgling is seen.
  Anna’s Hummingbirds have been seen in normal numbers recently.
  Quite a few Red-necked Phalaropes were seen last week, females in breeding plumage.
  And we are seeing lots of Brown Pelicans, including fledglings now, all streaming northward.

Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay