Re: Gilded flicker (Low Gap Pk) & yellow warbler (Bushay)

Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)

We don't have Gilded Flicker's this far north. They are a southwestern
species. It is likely you saw a Northern Flicker :)

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 20:10:17 -0700, phalady@hotmail.com wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to Mendobirds and to birding in general, so a quick hello to
fellow birdwatchers in the Ukiah area. Based on Peregrine Audobon's
excellent webpage on Inland Mendo birding, I decided to check out Bushay
campground. Right past the gate, I saw a lovely yellow warbler. Earlier
in the day, spotted a gilded flicker perched near its nest on a tree
right next to the small bridge over Orr's Creek that leads to the dog
park. Looking forward to many enjoyable sightings.

-Pravin

Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/Mendobirds/message/8688