Re: Potential Ovenbird 5/30/2021, South Fork Eel

Robert Keiffer

Marisela,  I only have limited experience in the west (Eastern Oregon) and limited experience in May years ago back east (Vermont, New Hampshere, and Maine). With lots of birds calling.  That “teacha, teacha, teacha” sequence is pretty unique to Ovenbird.  I also highly respect Todd Easterla’s opinion ... he has a sharp ear and lots of experience!

On Jun 3, 2021, at 12:11 PM, marisela de santa anna <mdsa1955@...> wrote:

Well that is awesome Bob! and Philip!  I do hear that repeated teacha teacha teacha but was hearing witcha witcha witcha before and thought that a Common Yellowthroat just wasn't finishing it's song!  Where I work in the Little Lake Valley doing bird surveys, we have tons of C Yellowthroats and I am always noticing that each one can be individual in its song. I also hear the other three birds.
Marisela

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 10:23 AM Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather@...> wrote:
OK... thank you Todd and Robert.... it sure didn't sound like it to me,
but as I said, my ear is untrained for Ovenbird. What a cool find! I have
only seen one once in NJ

Lisa D Walker-Roseman

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 09:29:53 -0700, Robert Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...>
wrote:
> Sounds like Ovenbird to me. ... “teacha, teacha, teacha” typical call.
> Bob Keiffer, Hopland Mendocino County. Rjkeiffer@...
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:55 AM, Todd Easterla <teasterla@...>
wrote:

>> OVENBIRD!!!!!!
>>
>> Jun 3, 2021 6:26:11 AM Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)
>> <feather@...>:
>>
>>> Someone else suggested Common Yellowthroat and it sounds *nothing*
like
>>> that species to me.
>>>
>>> When I listened to your nicely recorded audio file, I had it play via
>>> Bird
>>> Net. Bird Net ID'd the recording with three species -- so I compared
it

mailto:pgeorgakakos3@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BMendobirds%5D%20Potential%20Ovenbird%205%2F30%2F2021%2C%20South%20Fork%20Eel