Re: Potential Ovenbird 5/30/2021, South Fork Eel

marisela de santa anna

Well that is awesome Bob! and Philip!  I do hear that repeated teacha teacha teacha but was hearing witcha witcha witcha before and thought that a Common Yellowthroat just wasn't finishing it's song!  Where I work in the Little Lake Valley doing bird surveys, we have tons of C Yellowthroats and I am always noticing that each one can be individual in its song. I also hear the other three birds.
Marisela

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 10:23 AM Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather@...> wrote:
OK... thank you Todd and Robert.... it sure didn't sound like it to me,
but as I said, my ear is untrained for Ovenbird. What a cool find! I have
only seen one once in NJ

Lisa D Walker-Roseman

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 09:29:53 -0700, Robert Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...>
wrote:
> Sounds like Ovenbird to me. ... “teacha, teacha, teacha” typical call.
> Bob Keiffer, Hopland Mendocino County. Rjkeiffer@...
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:55 AM, Todd Easterla <teasterla@...>
wrote:

>> OVENBIRD!!!!!!
>>
>> Jun 3, 2021 6:26:11 AM Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)
>> <feather@...>:
>>
>>> Someone else suggested Common Yellowthroat and it sounds *nothing*
like
>>> that species to me.
>>>
>>> When I listened to your nicely recorded audio file, I had it play via
>>> Bird
>>> Net. Bird Net ID'd the recording with three species -- so I compared
it

mailto:pgeorgakakos3@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BMendobirds%5D%20Potential%20Ovenbird%205%2F30%2F2021%2C%20South%20Fork%20Eel