Pine Siskins

Tim Bray

As most of you know, this is a major irruption winter for Pine Siskins, with the consequent outbreak of Salmonellosis, and there have been some articles in newspapers that have caught people's attention. I am getting quite a few people asking whether they should take down their feeders and if so, when can they put them back up. So this is a request to keep track of Pine Siskin sightings and report here when you think you've seen the last of them! It's always harder to pin down the date of departure than arrival. Those of you making regular eBird entries will have an easier time of it. If you're not doing that, this is a request to just keep track of each day when you see Pine Siskins, and if a week goes by without a sighting, let me know.

Thanks, keep your feeders clean and wash your hands!