Eurasian Wigeon, Garcia River

There was a drake Eurasian Wigeon with a small group of American Wigeon near the mouth of the Garcia River today.
Also a probable Pacific Golden-plover working the beach wrack at the mouth along with a number of Black-bellies.
The lone Sandhill Crane was still there, though very hard to find; I might have missed it if it hadn’t flown.
We found one Ferruginous Hawk, at the Ross Ranch field.
Several Say’s Phoebes, a bird that seems increasingly common on the South Coast.
Beautiful day for birding on the coast.

Cheers,
Tim Bray
Albion
Sined, seeled, and delivered by a used Oscillation Overthruster.