From: <Mendobirds@groups.io> on behalf of Diane Hichwa <dhichwa@...>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2020 at 1:02 PM
To: David Barry <ramsman@...>, <mendobirds@groups.io>, <cheeseandfruit@...>
Subject: Re: [Mendobirds] Raptor ID

Agree. This looks like an adult red-tail. Nice looking bird
Diane Hichwa

Email:  dhichwa@...

Telephone:  707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
            707-483-3130 (cell)
More Tail Wagging!!!    Less Barking!!
Millie 2007

From: <Mendobirds@groups.io> on behalf of David Barry <ramsman@...>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2020 at 12:35 PM
To: <mendobirds@groups.io>, <cheeseandfruit@...>

Hi cheeseandfruit,

This is an adult Red-tailed Hawk.
It's lightly marked on it's breast/belly. But you can still see a belly band.
Red-tailed Hawks have very very variable plumage.

Dave Barry
Santa Rosa, CA.

On Friday, July 10, 2020, 11:48:26 AM PDT, cheeseandfruit via groups.io <cheeseandfruit@...> wrote:

Yesterday afternoon in coastal Elk I saw this bird.  Quite large - I would say 18 to 24 inches tall.  We have a large number of species here, but for some reason I don't recognize this one.  In a White Fir some 40 feet up.  Help with an id is appreciated.