Chestnut-collared Longspur

Matthew Matthiessen <matthima@...>

Greetings Mendobirders,
Yesterday (Sat 11/15) at 1330 I found an immature female
CHESTNUT-COLLARED LONGSPUR at the Mendocino Headlands. The bird was
skulking along one of the paths about 100 ft east of the sister city
monument. Also in the same area were two HORNED LARKS.

Late yesterday afternoon I informed Toby of the CCLO and this morning I
received a phone call from her indicating she was able to refind the
bird today (Sun 11/16). She also found two LAPLAND LONGSPURS and one
HORNED LARK nearby. Given the number of longspurs that have shown up
here over the past four years it appears as though the sister city
monument is THE spot in Mendo County for longspurs.

Good Birding
Matthew Matthiessen