Re: Red Knots at Virgin Creek Beach 4/29

Henrietta Bensussen

Henri is the one who met up with Feather & saw the Ruddy Turnstones. A great morning for birding!
H.

On 4/30/2016 11:18 AM, feather@... [Mendobirds] wrote:
I went this morning and there were seven Red Knots.... and at least two
Long-billed Curlews among the Whimbrels, Short-billed Dowitchers, Least and
Western Sandpipers, Possible Sanderlings, and Semi-palmated Plovers (among
others)

One woman who was out there today (I have already forgotten your name!!)
spotted a flock of Ruddy Turnstones! I did not see those today...

Feather

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 23:02:15 +0000 (UTC), "K A Havlena kahavlena@...
[Mendobirds]"  wrote:
Fri, 29 April 2016 -- Up to 4 RED KNOTS in alternate plumage, were
photographed by Becky Bowen about 10:30-am at Virgin Creek beach, Fort
Bragg. Becky braved the strong winds with Peggy Martin. The Knots were
with a large flock of Dowitchers (approx. 40-50 birds). The group was
near the rocky outcropping and offshore rocks about midway along the
beach.

Virgin Creek beach is just north of the Fort Bragg city limits, west of
Hwy 1, in MacKerricher SP.

For Becky BowenCaspar, CA

(K A Havlena)North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California

Links:
------
[1]

[2]