Hummingbirds, again

jimarm@...

 I have gone from curious to somewhat concerned to very worried about the disappearance of all hummingbird activity around my place in southeastern Potter Valley.

I have fed nectar here for 44 years and might as well throw away my mixing jug.

I have had no use of my feeders and no sighting of any kind of hummer for at least a month.

I thought to begin with the early blossoming of shrubs and trees was providing a natural alternative to sugar water, but daily scoping of every one of them has turned up nothing.

I hope to hear that this is not continuing to be widespread.