Pudding Creek lagoon Goldeneye and Bonaparte's

AlbionWood <albionwood@...>

22 November 2014 (Saturday) - Around noon today we stopped at the turnout off Highway 1 overlooking Pudding Creek lagoon, where we found a Bonaparte's Gull, 3 Common Goldeneye and one Red-breasted Merganser, along with a flock of Buffleheads and a couple of Eared Grebes. I think there were some Ruddy Ducks with the Buffles as well.

The lagoon has gone anaerobic and the stench was nearly overpowering. Not very pleasant birding!

Tim Bray
Albion

p.s. There are 27 days until the Fort Bragg CBC.