Least Tern

Jerry White <grwhite@...>

Some additional details on the Least Tern sighting; I found the bird about 4:20 PM standing with the Black-bellied Plovers approx.. 100 yards north of Virgin Creek. I watched it for about 10 minutes. During that time it flew circled out over the ocean and returned and lit closer to the ocean. It then again flew and ended up back at its original spot. I then walked up the beach and noted some other birds of interest; 2 Snowy Plovers, 2 Ruddy Turnstones, and a group of Harlequin Ducks. When I returned I could not relocate the tern. However just as I was leaving I noticed the bird flying overhead. It eventually landed on the beach again. This was about 5pm. Good luck! Jerry White