1/31 Lake Cleone Black-capped Chickadee continues

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Greetings Mendobirders- I spent a good part of today birding with Richard
Hubacek in the Fort Bragg area. After having dipped on the Lake Cleone
Black-capped Chickadee 4 times in Dec and Jan, I did finally get a good,
though brief, look at it at 1015 today. It was in the most commonly
described location, just southerly of the NE corner of the Lake Cleone
boardwalk. It was pretty much by itself. We tried for Rock Sandpipers at
3 locations during the 7.2' high tide later in the morning and saw none.
However, we did see an adult Glaucous Gull at the N end of Virgin Creek
Beach.

Chuck

--
Chuck and Barbara Vaughn