Black-capped Chickadee & Blk&Wht Warbler - EAST Lk Cleone

Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...>

Finally, I saw the imm. BLACK & WHITE WARBLER on the NE side of the boardwalk at Lk Cleone, MacKerricher SP.  After speaking with Ryan Keiffer about "almost impossible," "possible multiple" BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEES, I finally heard & saw one individual, as well as an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER.

Most of the sightings have been near the NE corner of the boardwalk, or just south.  The flock was large, consisting of the above mentioned birds, plus Chestnut-backed Chickadees, Golden-crowned Kinglets, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Bushtits, and a COOPER'S HAWK.  While I was still there, the COHA attacked at least 2-3 birds close by.  Hopefully, the BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE was not on the dinner menu.........

My personal opinion of possible "multiple" BCCH is, that if there is more than one individual BCCH, then it would be easier for the excellent birders here to find one of these birds more often.  Since this has NOT been the case, then I believe that there is only one individual.

Karen Havlena
North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca