Re: High Count at MCBG

Virginia R. Wade

Hi Tim

That is indeed the high count since October of 1995 when MCAS started the
first bird walk in the garden. I kept the records with Toby and Art's
help up until a few years ago when Tim took over leading the bird walks.
My husband and I are on a birding trip to Florida and have covered the
Gulf Coast, the Florida Keys and we are now working our way up the east
coast.

We have really grown to appreciate all the wonderful birding spots we have
on the Mendocino Coast.

Thanks, Tim for sharing the list.

Ginny Wade
From Titusville Florida

Greetings Mendobirders - On the Third Wednesday birdwalk (18 April 2012)
at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, we tallied 61 species. Toby
informs me this is a record high count for this walk. We were all quite
surprised, as it did not seem especially "birdy" that day, the numbers
of individual birds sighted were quite low. (15 of the species were
represented by a lone individual, and 7 were identified only by ear.)
But we did have six experienced birders in our group, and I think each
of them added one or more species that the others did not see or hear.
Great fun!

Cheers,
Tim Bray
Albion