High Count at MCBG

AlbionWood <albionwood@...>

Greetings Mendobirders - On the Third Wednesday birdwalk (18 April 2012) at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, we tallied 61 species. Toby informs me this is a record high count for this walk. We were all quite surprised, as it did not seem especially "birdy" that day, the numbers of individual birds sighted were quite low. (15 of the species were represented by a lone individual, and 7 were identified only by ear.) But we did have six experienced birders in our group, and I think each of them added one or more species that the others did not see or hear. Great fun!

Cheers,
Tim Bray
Albion

Species Name