adult Bald Eagle

Robert Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...>

15 March 2012 - Thursday - 2:00-3:00PM - one adult BALD EAGLE atop an oak tree on the southeast side of University Road, Hopland. I usually do not report bald eagles in usual places any longer, but since there have been a couple mortalities in the vicinity over the last couple of years, it has been some time since I have seen one at this location. I was sure that I heard the BAEA at this location last evening, but I could not spot it, so I was relieved to actually see it today. It is the only observation that I have had at this location this winter. The location is about ½ mile east on University Road, which heads east off Old River Road near Hwy 175, Hopland.

Good birding. Bob Keiffer.