Lake Cleone Surf Scoter/Teals

birdmanofthewoods3 <birdmanofthewoods3@...>

I've been watching very tired, distressed juvenile male SURF SCOTER in the shallows by the picnic tables in Lake Cleone in MacKerricher park for the past several days. Mostly he just slept. The good news is that yesterday he was diving and and hunting. He seemed to be able to handle the 2 foot warm calm water which must be a nice break from that pounding surf on the ocean. I think he is going to make it.

Also two female teals were seen which I tentatively identified as BLUE-WINGED TEALS, but don't hold me to it.