01/10: Talmage/Gielow Lane Snow Goose

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Greetings Mendobirders- The large mixed flock of geese that frequents the
Gielow Lane/Old River Road farm reservoir now includes an immature Snow
Goose, or it did at about 930 today. The Canada and Cackling Geese were
joined by a single Greater White-fronted Goose as early as 12/15 and a
second as early as 1/1. The Cackling Geese all appear to be "minima", and
have been around in various numbers since late October. I believe that
this group of geese moves around the southern end of the Ukiah valley.
Steve Stump phoned me before 800 today to tell me that he had just seen an
immature Snow Goose on the oxidation ponds at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment
Plant.

Chuck

--
Chuck and Barbara Vaughn