American Dipper

Robert Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...>

Thursday - 22 December 2011 - Ryan Keiffer spotted an American Dipper flying up the Russian River towards the confluence with Pieta Creek. This is right along Highway 101, a few miles south of Hopland ...and was near the large swimming hole/jumping rocks that are so popular in the summertime. I have seen dippers here one time before many years ago. I suspect that there are dippers up Pieta Creek ...and that when the river is clear and "huntable" they use that resource ...but go back up the creek during muddy/high water periods. Good Birding. Reported by Bob Keiffer