North Coast Birds Seen

Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...>

27 October, 2011 -- At Wages Creek, I saw a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW and a
"Rocky Mtn" (orestera) ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER** with a gray head.  An
OSPREY flew south.  At mm 73.00 by Hwy 1, a flock of 80 "Aleutian" CACKLING
GEESE grazed in a pasture.

Back at Ocean Meadows, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK flew over the pasture across
Hwy 1 at mm 70.32.  The 5 imm. GTR WHITE-FRONTED GEESE continue in some
of the yards, and 12 TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS were coming to our seed today.

Karen Havlena
North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California

** Check pg. 50-51 of Dunn & Garrett's WARBLERS (Peterson guide) for the
illustrations of the various races of OCWA.