Common Gallinule

George Chaniot

Fri, 21 Oct 2011 -- This afternoon there was a COMMON GALLINULE in the
cattails of the Red Post Vineyard pond across the road from my home in
Potter Valley. On the 18th I heard an odd call from the same cattails which
I thought might be a gallinule, and today I got a visual. It was not in
view very long.
Today there is a RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER visiting a very perfect array of
holes that it has made in the bark of a silver maple, and yesterday a
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW began visiting my feeders - the first of the season
here.

George Chaniot
Potter Valley, MEN, CA