Semipalmated Sandpiper Still at Virgin Creek Beach

Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...>

21 - 26 July 2011 -- A (or the) SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, found by Richard
Hubacek and also seen by me on 7/21, was seen again today by Dorothy Tobkin
at the north end of the first (main) beach.  It is an immature.  When I saw it in my
spotting scope, I noticed a slightly orange/buff wash.  Toby also mentioned this blush
on the breast.

Ten Mile beach (part II):  I forgot to mention that there were 10 SNOWY PLOVERS
on the beach north of Ward Ave ramp.  Nine were south of the symbolic fence and
a lone SNPL was just north of the fence.  From the parking area on Ward Ave, Cleone,
walk to the north end of the Haul Rd, and continue walking on the beach about 1/3 mile.

Karen Havlena
North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California