2/14 UWTP: Swamp Sparrow, Ross's Goose

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Greetings Mendobirders- I was able to get out to the Ukiah Wastewater
Treatment Plant late this morning, after the rain, for some birding. Of
local interest were the continuing SWAMP SPARROW and a ROSS'S GOOSE. The
sparrow was on the north edge of the sludge pond in the area where the
sludge dredge, the SS Noyd, is usually moored between water ski runs. The
goose was with about 25 Canada Geese on the north pond. Later I watched
them all fly south along the river. Both Steve and Ken told me that they
had first seen the goose early this morning.

Chuck

--
Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
Ukiah, CA