Re: Kingbirds

Henrietta Bensussen

Hi, I saw this bird at the Gardens yesterday, 11/6, about 9 AM, sitting on a Monterey cypress at the north bluff area, near the bluff restrooms. It had a yellow breast, lighter toward the tail. Sibley's shows numerous green dots along the west coast for a Tropical. Henri

----- Original Message -----
From: "birdmanofthewoods" <birdmanofthewoods@yahoo.com>
To: <Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 7:22 PM
Subject: [Mendobirds] Kingbirds

Saw what I thought was a Western Kingbird on the headlands in the Botanical Gardens. On further reflection it could have been a Tropical Kingbird. Didn't have my bird-book with me and frankly wouldn't know a Tropical Kingbird if it landed on my shoulder, but I do know Western Kingbirds and that is what it looked like to me. So I would like to report that I saw a "Kingbird" at the Botanical Gardens... Monday, November 1st, south boundry in the marshy area near the headlands.

Yahoo! Groups Links