Burst of Birds

Fred Andrews

Walked around Lake Cleone this morning. As I was on the dirt path on the southeast of the lake I came upon an explosion of birds; several marsh wrens, 30+ cedar waxwings, 7 winter wrens, chestnut-backed chickadees, steller's jays, mourning doves, 4 spotted towhees, 3 wrentits, 2 orange-crowned warblers, 1 hairy woodpecker, and song sparrows all within 5 minutes! other birds id'd this morning, acorn and downy woodpeckers, 1 western scrub jay, common ravens, mallards, 3 pied-billed grebes, 3 double-crested cormorants, 3 american coots, 1 killdeer, 1 black phoebe and of course brewer's blackbirds.

Fred Andrews