MacKerricher SP Birds - and Not

Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...>

Wed, 7 Jan 2009 -- Twice today, I tried for some birds along the coast
in MacKerricher SP.  I had NO luck in finding a Rock Sandpiper nor the
Palm Warbler at Laguna Point.  It became very foggy, so I could not
scope offshore for any pelagic birds.

Later this afternoon, I went to Ward Ave.  I did happen to have a light,
hazy fog, so I did see one female LONG-TAILED DUCK and two
BLACK SCOTERS.  (Two LTDU's were here a few days ago).

NOTE:  This Saturday will be a very, high tide of 7.2 ft.  Lk Cleone
is bloated from both creek inflow and the influence of the high tide.
Water is about 1-2 inches over the low point of Mill Creek Dr going
out to the Laguna Point parking lot.  The Lk Cleone parking lot is
closed, as almost all of it is flooded.  So this Saturday, this road
could be closed if the high tide raises the water level over the
Lk Cleone outflow spot.  Hopefully, this will not happen.

Karen A Havlena
North of Fort Bragg, CA