migrating empid ?

J Rosen <mendojanet@...>

A few minutes ago, while my binocs were focused on a red breasted sapsucker in my apple tree, something darted in/out of the field of vision at an angle I couldn't follow. The gestalt impression was empid (pale drab grey/olive with a pronounced pale yellow chin or bib area, definite eyering but couldn't tell if full or broken, wing bars); I know they are supposed to be away for the winter so wondered if it was an empid is there a particular species more likely to still be here before heading south?
Many thanks!
Janet Rosen
Zanshin Art
"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor are hungry they call me a communist" - Helder Camara