Mendo weekend birds 08-09 November 2008

Cindy Lieurance

MendoBirders -

Along with Rich Stallcup and a bunch of good friends, Les and I
enjoyed a rainy Saturday and a sunny Sunday morning mostly along the
Mendocino Coast. We did not see Karen, Toby, nor David, but we do
have a few other highlights to report.

Friday, 07 November 2008 (late afternoon)
1 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE on the beach at Little River

Saturday, 08 November 2008
2 HARLEQUIN DUCKS at Glass Beach

Sunday, 09 November 2008
From the platform at Laguna Point we saw:
1 PINK-FOOTED SHEARWATER
1 BULLER'S SHEARWATER
1 BONAPARTE'S GULL
1 ROCK SANDPIPER - we saw this little beauty around 8:30 AM in great
light - it was, as usual, with the BLACK TURNSTONEs & SURFBIRDs
48 BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS !

And at the Garcia River we saw 1 FERRUGINOUS HAWK.

Cindy Lieurance
San Francisco CA U.S.A.