USTP 8/17

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Greetings Mendobirders- Barbara and I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant are this morning with Cheryl Watson. The north pond is being drained and there has been lots of mud exposed. There were ~100 peeps, about 3:1 LEAST to WESTERN SANDPIPERS. There were also 6-8 each of GREATER YELLOWLEGS and LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS. There was a single BAIRD'S SANDPIPER and also a single SEMIPALMATED PLOVER. Along the river was a WILLOW FLYCATCHER, the first I have seen this fall. It is feast or famine out there right now, and it is unlikely this will last long. The north pond is being drained and dried so they can plow it up.

Chuck

Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
Ukiah, CA 95482

cevaughn@pacific.net