4/27 USTP: Solitary Sandpiper

Chuck & Barbara Vaughn

Greetings Mendobirders: This morning I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant with Cheryl Watson and Geoff Heinecken. The best bird of the morning was a SOLITARY SANDPIPER which we saw along an exposed mud strip that is appearing on the western corner of the north pond. It was with a single DUNLIN, and a group of about 20 peeps with equal numbers of LEAST and WESTERN SANDPIPERS. The bird returned to this same mud after flying away twice and was still there when we left at 1045. There was an early SWAINSON'S THRUSH calling along the river.

Chuck

Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
Ukiah, CA 95482

cevaughn@pacific.net