Collared-Doves in Potter

George Chaniot

Wed, 7 Nov 2007 -- On my jog this morning I came upon a group of EURASIAN
COLLARED-DOVES near the intersection of Powerhouse Rd and Main Street in
Potter Valley. There were at least 12 birds roosting in a thick ash tree
and going down to feed on the bare ground of a horse paddock. This seems
like a pretty large number considering that they were first detected in
Potter Valley on June 11, 2007. Do they rove around in big groups like
Rock Pigeons or Band-tails? I've never seen them on the move like that.

George Chaniot
Potter Valley, MEN, CA