November 19th MCAS meeting

Charlene McAllister

SUMMER ICE

Join Elizabeth "Buff" Corsi and her husband Gerald for a video trip to Antarctica when the
Mendocino Coast Audubon Society meets on November 19 at 7 p.m. at Jug Handle Farms.

For many years Corsi was a still photographer, and for ten of those year, she and her
husband ran a company that took nature photographers to
interesting places around the world to photograph wildlife Now retired, she's
switched to shooting video, and has been wrapped up in it ever since. Buff says "I've often said that I
regret not discovering my love of editing video earlier in life, I would
have made a happy career of it. But, at least, I did find something that I
can pursue forever. Other than editing my own footage, I have done several
videos that document the scientific expeditions by the California Academy
of Sciences."

Sharing a love of travel to places where they can photograph wildlife,
has taken them to the Antarctic three times. The special nature of this Antarctic trip is
that it includes the birds and other wildlife of the Falkland Islands,
South Georgia Island, as well as the Antarctic Peninsula.

There is no charge for this meeting, which will be proceeded at 6 p.m. by a pot luck dinner. For further information, call 937-1742.

Contact:

Charlene McAllister
Mendocino Coast Audubon Society Program Chair
937-4463/937-1742
charmac@mcn.org