Mendocino Audubon November Program

Charlene McAllister

Counting Birds at Christmas

The CBC (Christmas Bird Count) has its roots 105 years ago as a political
and social activity. From it's beginning with only 27 "counters" to over
50,000 people in more than 2000 locations, these counts have come to play an
increasingly important role in monitoring bird species.

The Mendocino Coast Audubon Society has sponsored a Christmas Bird County on
the south coast for 27 years. Find out what we have learned about our own
coastal area and how you can be a supporter of this fun, as well as
important activity. Ron LeValley, Art Morley and Warren Wade will share
pictures and stories and tell you what birds to look for during the holidays
here on the coast. This entertaining evening will begin a 7:00 p.m. at
the Caspar Community Center on Monday, November 21, 2005. The public is
invited and a small donation is welcomed to help offset the cost of the
facility.

Charlene McAllister
P.O. Box 332
Little River, CA 95456