Mendocino Coast

grebeman2 <grwhite@...>

There were 2 Ruddy Turnstones at Virgin Creek Beach on Thursday July
28th. A Lesser Yellowlegs was at Caspar Creek on Friday July 29th.
I saw a total of 5 Long-billed Curlews. 3 were on the beach just north
of the Garcia River mouth on July 29th. Another one was at Virgin Creek
on Saturday and Sunday July 30th and 31st. A different bird was on the
beach south of the 10 Mile River mouth on Saturday.
Most of the peeps were Western Sandpipers. I had good looks at maybe 300
birds but was not able to turn up a Semipalmated Sandpiper. JRW