Purple Martin

Robert J. Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...>

Monday - 23 May 2005 - Last year Chuck Vaughn discovered a nesting pair of
Purple Martin's in a PGE line pole here at UC-HREC. I checked the site
today to find the female's head sticking out of the hole. Soon she left
to forage to the east over the Huntley Peak area. I did not see the male
...but am assuming that the pair is nesting again this year. Purple
Martin observations are always worth noting ...especially the inland
sites. Bob Keiffer

Robert J. Keiffer
Principal Supt. of Agriculture
UC Hopland Research & Extension Center