Mendocino Audubon Meeting

Charlene McAllister

Spills, Seabirds, and Restoration Efforts in California

Join us at March 21 meeting as Steve Hampton of the California Department of
Fish and Game's Office of Spill Prevention and Response (DFG-OSPR) will
introduce us to the world of oil spills, seabird conservation issues, and
seabird restoration efforts. Our journey will begin in California, but
we'll ride on the wings of shearwaters, murrelets, and grebes to such places
as Mexico, New Zealand, and the Aleutian Islands. On the way, we'll learn
about major threats to seabird populations, covering everything from rats
and cats to tiny bits of plastic garbage. We'll also learn about some
innovative restoration projects currently underway, offering hope for
seabirds in an otherwise stormy sea.

Joint Environmental Group Meeting

Host: Mendocino Audubon Society

Monday March 21st Russian Gulch Meeting Room

6:00 p.m. Pot Luck

7:00 p.m. Environmental Awards

7:30 p.m. Program

Carpooling recommended. For further information call 937-1742 or 964-6362

Charlene McAllister

MCAS Program Chair

Little River, CA